Hi, I'm a 18 year old female and about a week ago, one of my teeth started to hurt... and then the pain went away. Then a few days later (2-3 days ago), i saw a lump close to that tooth ( but much higher on my gums). It hurt a lot if i laughed and now it just hurts consistently. I called my dentist and i can't go in for another 2 days..I've been rinsing my mouth with hydrogen peroxide and water.. but it seems to be spreading around my gums.

I'm pretty sure it's not abscess because my tooth doesn't really hurt if i apply pressure....

could someone help me find out what it is? i'd love some ideas before i go in to see my dentist

Hello there,

Since you will see your dentist in a two days there is no need to panic but then again we all panic and search answers on the internet hoping that nothing serious is in question. If you have the same condition which my brother has very often than you will be fighting with fever blisters. They can occur even on gums (although this usually happens to the children). This is painful condition and it lasts at least 10 days. Sometimes it is accompanied with more severe symptoms such as fever and nausea but luckily this is not happening in your case.

You can consult your regular doctor about this and he can prescribe you antibiotics but this condition heals on its own as well.

Did you get a diagnosis for your problem? Im suffering teh same thing and would like to know. Thanks