Is it possible that someone has problems with asthma and rhinitis in the same time? Do inflammations have influence on the pathogenesis of rhinitis and nasal polyps? I am trying to understand my friend’s condition. Please! He has asthma but it seems that he has respiratory mucosa in the upper and lower airways too.

When the same respiratory mucosa is in the upper and lower airways in the patient, it makes sense that upper-airway diseases can influence lower-airway function in many patients with asthma. Yes, Inflammation plays a critical role in the pathogenesis of rhinitis, sinusitis and nasal polyps, just as in asthma. Asthma and rhinitis often co-exist in the same patient. Sinusitis is a complication of upper-respiratory infections, allergic rhinitis, nasal polyps and other forms of nasal obstruction. They are often associated with asthma and rhinitis and often with aspirin sensitivity.