Hello, I would like to talk to you about my problem. I have asthma for almost ten years now, but also have chronic sinusitis. This other condition became more complicated with the appearance of polyps in nose. My nose breathing is more obstructed now; nose dripping is almost constant, which is very, very annoying. Can you give me some information on this condition and possible ways of therapy?

Nose polyps are structures caused by inflammation of respiratory mucus. Different factors contribute to this situation (viruses, bacteria, fungus, some allergic conditions, like asthma for example, etc). In treating this condition, corticosteroids are used, antibiotics also. If an operation is needed, it could be done in endoscopic way or with classic surgery. These polyps could come back again, especially if there is asthma involved.