I am 20 years old and Ive been drinking every night for two years straight and drinking between 3-14 drinks a night. I have decided to quit on my own without the help of rehabilitation centers as it costs a mere fortune. Here are some tips that I've come across and was wondering if you believe these methods will work.

1. Taking Daily multi-vitamin, milk thistle, acai berry, amino acids, B-complex

2. Drinking a gallon of water throughout the day, a gatorade at night after exercising for an hour and a half

3. Drinking lemon, syrup, cayenne pepper in hot water 3 times daily

4. Listening to "sober songs" which are songs that make me nastalgic of times when I wasn't a drinker (Ie, Middle of high school)

5. Meals that are benificiary
A: eating a bannana, brown rice and two glasses of milk for breakfast
B: eating almonds, yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and drinking a V8
C: eating spinach salad with onions, tomatoes and italian dressing with a chicken breast or salmon with avacado, tomatoes and onions on top

6. practicing Tai Chi techniques (Ie, breathing, slow movements and posture) and taking a zinc, magnesium, acai cleanse and melatonin before I go to sleep

Now the reason I ask if this would work COLD TURKEY for me is because I can't wean myself off of alcohol. Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks. \m/

i actually knew a man who went off drinking like that and it really hurt him pretty badly. I think that you can take all you want but you will have serious shakes no matter what you do and no matter what you take. I wish you a lot of luck but hope that you can step down instead. Regardless, have friends who will help you and dont' be around people who binge drink because that will cause you to relapse. Keep me posted, okay?

Day Two of being sober after "weaning off" and I must say I feel good. BUT I think I had DTs the first night. I woke up screaming after having a nightmare that didnt make sense but got the best of me. Man that was hell! Day two feels a lot better.

Ugh I'm really sorry to hear that you were experiencing DTs! Those are awful! I'm glad to hear that you're doing good and that you feel well. Remember, you're not totally in the clear until the 90 day mark so I think you're doing exceptionally well to start. Let me know how you're doing, okay?

Okay... I fell off the wagon last week but then got back on after four days of binging vodka again... Tonight I vow to drink NOTHING, tomorrow I drink two shots, then nothing the next night, then two the one thereafter until a month is complete of "weaning"... I think that may help me. I feel no anxiety, just slight depression and lack of sleep - no DT's this time around when I don't drink for the first two nights. I think I may be okay after a while of weaning properly this time. NO cigarettes help me maintain moderation.

i notice this was over a year ago and wondered how you did on all this