I am a mature adult female, I drink heavily. I'm a functioning alcoholic. I do not drink before work or when I have an appointment. But after I'm done for the day I often drink to the point where I cannot remember the next day. I have developed a tremor, that's an easy way of saying it, I shake during the day. Even after I've had nothing to drink for 4 or 5 days it persists. This is something that I noticed with my mother, who was also a functioning alcoholic later on in her life. I noticed it later on in her life. I'd like to know, is this a given for alcoholics or should I be looking for a deeper meaning?

Thank you so much for your reply. Most of it I already know. 'Quit alcohol' is a given. My question is more that when I do quit alcohol, even for days on end, I still have tremors. It's not just hand tremors, it's body tremors. Lol can't afford an MRI, any other suggestions?

Google "what are the DT's"

Hi ... thank you. excellent advice and if I were thinking straight I would have come to that myself. Tremors make me feel weak. As a strong woman this....offends me. I am not your typical DT patient. It happens with or without alcohol and it infuriates me. I can't find the trigger. I hate feeling weak. Since I've essentially bared my soul for public opinion I'd like to ask, Why 'no joy'?

I don't know the answer to that. I never experienced them and I should have been a good candidate. I spent every night in the bar for nearly 15 years. It will be 30 years this October since I quit drinking. I blew a .29 for the nice state trooper I met that night. I thank the Lord he showed up when he did.

Bite me....you claim to have spent 15 years in a bar and yet you claim to be 12 in another post. I don't have the tolerance for that kind of sh*t.

I don't what you THINK you read but I'm 70 years old and have never claimed to be 12.

I sincerely apologise. But I did check, no less than three times, it's the same sign in name. It struck a chord with me...njoy = no joy. I'm sorry if I attacked you without reason.

Just so you know I'm not completely insane... https://www.steadyhealth.com/Very_strict_mum_t254057.html#910331 ......I'm sorry

Aha, I see. that's a problem they have with their quote system. I was quoting a previous post and it shows up as something I said. I've notified them of that but I am not holding my breath waiting for them to fix it. It may be something they can't figure out because it happens to others too but it doesn't happen every time.
Look here on page 2

https://www.steadyhealth.com/SteadyHealth_glitches___report_here_if_you_see_one_t250606.html?page=2

There may be something about it in the comedy club too. We use that as a discussion forum and they started the glitch topic to give us a place to post problems after they changed the whole system last year.

A misunderstanding....I will apologise again. But one thing, why 'no joy' ? If it's none of my business then just say so :-) But it is a part of your screen name so I would assume at least partially that this is available for comment.

A shift in servers.....one recognises me and the other does not

look at it again. It's not "no joy"

That "guest" thing is another problem. I get here by clicking on a link in the reply notice emails. After several days they log you out and you have to sign in again. The problem is you can't tell you've been logged out without looking for it. So the first indicator is when you post and you see your name is "guest". Previously your avatar wouldn't show up if you weren't logged in so it would be obvious when replying on a thread where you had other posts and your avatar was missing.

Someone just posted to the topic where you found my name incorrectly listed as the quote so while I was there anyway I looked to see who I really did quote. It was a guest. Maybe the system can't use the name guest in a quote because it's not a registered name so it fills in your own name by default.

I'm going to post again quoting your post where you were called guest and see what happens.

Ok does it say I'm quoting myself here?