Couldn't find what you looking for?


I have petechiae on my thighs and upper arms. I have had them over a year now. the doctor did not seem to be concerned. I had a CBC done and it was normal. They look awful and are not going away. Should I be concerned and is there anything i can do about them?
thank yo


Hello there masewell,

Petechiae are round spots that appear on the skin as a result of bleeding under the skin.  They can be red, purple or brown. They can look like a rash and they can be a sign of serious condition.

Petechiae are one type of purpura which is known as discoloration of the skin. They are usually appearing in the clusters but they can appear anywhere on the body for example on the abdomen.

It is very important that you together with your doctor try to find out what is the cause of the petechiae because treatment depends on the cause of the petechiae.

Keep us posted about your condition and I hope that you will resolve your problem very soon.