I've got a few things wrong with me that I'll get to, but all of my problems can be attributed to one thing, heat. I just don't feel normal, I don't know how to explain it. I just feel warm all the time. The heat seems to come from my jaw, all the way to my shoulders. Sometimes I get a prickling sensation in some spots on my body. My tolerance for heat is really low. If I do anything to raise my body temperature: stand in the sun, athletic activity, take a hot shower, my skin reacts in certain ways such as:

1. I get these red bumps on my arms (sometimes legs but only a little). They look like pimples, only they are smooth and have no pus in them. They go away from anywhere from 10-30 minutes of cooling down. They go from the back of my palm, all the way to my triceps (they don't appear on my biceps for some reason). Sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's not. They don't itch at all, just bad to look at.

2. My torso gets red blotches/streaks on it. Keep in mind that this doesn't itch either, it just gets prickly sometimes.

3. My skin is drier than usual

I tried conducting an experiment today to see how my symptoms would react to a really hot bath/shower. The bumps came, but surprisingly they didn't get too bad. I started getting red after washing myself, but that was expected. Everything was going pretty good until I did one thing, turn the water cold. A few minutes go by and the bumps on my arms come out full force, and my torso got several times more red. During this I never got any prickling sensation or itchiness.

These symptoms started, and slowly got worse, from late December until now. Lately the heat problem has gotten better, but not much. I usually get rashes on my torso If I get hot, but It's never been this bad. I'm not an active person at all, and my room gets poor ventilation. I haven't changed my diet (which is poor by the way) or had anything significant happen since this has started. Help?

(sorry if the post is too long, but I felt that I needed to go into detail.)

Sounds like you're overly sensitive to heat, duh, but anyway, I'd contact a dermatologist to get a diagnosis. Maybe there is a medication that you could take to help lessen the symptoms so that you can be active in the summer outdoors without the full  blown prickly sensation or red blotches appearing. A hot shower bath will turn your skin red & remain like that for a while after the shower is done, at least for me that is. I don't get any pimple like bumps nor does it get prickly. The "red blotches/ streaks" though, again, all the time after a shower, but then, I take VERY hot showers, probably too hot for most.

Ya this has happen to me to its only when my body temperature gets high and then these bumps cone but mine are itchy

I know it's been a while since you posted up your question but I may have a suggestion for you. You said that you skin is dry? I don't know if this is the case but you may have a light form of a skin condition called Ichthyosis. I myself have. In having it, it causes the red welts to come up, making me very itchy when getting warm/hot. Though, my skin also can't handle cold water for a long time either. If I go swimming in a cold river I will get the welts then too. If you do have a light form of this skin condition, (if it was really bad you would have known years ago) it can cause all kinds of different problems, that being one. It can also cause periodontal disease, sweat glands to deteriorate, and other conditions. It may be something worth looking into.

Not sure if you still have this problem, bit it sounds like a condition called urticaria, which is also known as hives. Have a look on Wikipedia about it. I had this problem for a year and a half and your symptoms sound exactly like mine except when I flared up with these red dots/bumps on my skin they itched like mad, which was actually very uncomfortable and painful! I tried anti-histamines from doctor but they didn't really help, I tried Chinese medicine, acupuncture but none of these helped. Searching online I found this website run by a doctor in India who treats this condition and uses homeopathy. I thought "why not?" and gave it a try and to be honest almost straight away I saw improvements and within a few months I could say that i was cured. That was now probably 6 years ago. The website is urticaria(.)com

I am severly sensitive to heat.I get the same prickling sensation and the heat sensation comes over me. I can not stand outside bc it takes me hours tomget my body temp back to normal.I can not cool down. As far as the dot,blotches and streaks, go to an allergist. You may have over reactive allaegen receptors in your body and heat will cause these problems to arise bc of this. I went to an allergist bc of another problem and told him about the red spots and streaks and he told me about the allergen receptors. He may order a tryptase test. Please try this .It sounds nuts but it is the truth. Let me know.

Yes I hate it because it scares me really bad :..(

I don't know if this applies but I posted it in a similar thread and it may help...

I had red blotches appear and disappear on my torso for 4 years. I'd get wet, they'd be there 30-60 minutes and then gone. I first saw them after swimming. They showed up from swimming, showering, sweating, it didn't matter what as long as I was getting wet. Cold water was not enough to prevent them. I never tried filtered water.

But I did get rid of them. Mine were caused my a natural yeast that lives on your skin, on fruits and vegetables, and even a little in your digestive tract. It's called Candida.

First things first, doctors dismiss this but you can look up Candida medical studies at the National Center for Biotechnology Information. But they don't teach it in med school so no doctor is going to know much about it.

Because of that, people go doctor to doctor never getting the answers they need, and if they're lucky, they try going to a good naturopath.

To further make this laughable to doctors, most naturopaths are also chiropractors. That's how I lucked out, I hurt my back working out and walked next door to my chiro.

Here's the deal, normally the probiotics in our system keep the amount of Candida in our bodies low. But antibiotics kill probiotics and carbs feed Candida yeast so we end up with an imbalance.

Candida then overgrows into a Fungus (yep yeast becomes fungus) and adhears to the wall of the small intestine where nutrients enter the body.

That much is scientific fact per animal testing (yes only animals but still) and you can look up studies at the website of the National Center for Biotechnology Information as mentioned previously.

The rest of this is belief within the naturopath field based on what makes people better. Candida, being on the wall of the small intestine, enlarges the tiny opening by which nutrients enter the blood stream. Once this happens Candida and poorly digested food particles enter the blood. This causes inflammation.

If you have Eczema, Psoriasis, Arthritis, or any other inflammatory disorder then you have Candida. It's confusing because it seams like certain things flare up your red blotches or Eczema or Arthritis but really those things are just agitating the existing issue.

Candida is a b***h to get rid of, sorry for the curse word but it really is fitting here. There's a great Candida Facebook page of people using different antifungals or you can find a good naturopath. I started out on Diflucin, which I had to get a prescription for from a medical doctor but it really torched my skin. When you start taking the Diflucin, Candida tries to leave the body so the red bloches are more like Eczema during that time. My doctor wouldn't continue the prescription and honestly I didn't necessarily want to after what happened to my skin. I finished up with a very controversial natural antifungal that I wouln't list here because it's dangerous and I don't want to be the reason you poisoned yourself. Good luck.

how can I test myself to see if this is what I have?