I’ve been married for 20 years. One of the things that were a constant problem for my father-in-law was excessive phlegm. For as long as I have known him, he was constantly clearing his throat and many times in a row. One time I counted and he cleared his throat over 30 times to try and get rid of the excess phlegm that was in the back of his throat. My husband and I couldn’t find that he could benefit from. Turns out, he had a systemic Candida overgrowth that was causing the phlegm.

If he has ever, even once, taken antibiotics, corti-steroids like prednisone, chemotherapy or oral acne medications then you may have a Candida concern. This overgrowth of yeast causes excess phlegm and a host of other problems. He could probably get by dealing with Candida if excess phlegm was the only problem, but the kicker is that excess phlegm is probably just the tip of the iceberg. He may be suffering from many other symptoms that are related to Candida and just not realize it. Things like fatigue, painful joints, chronic sinusitis, headaches, and more.