I have a very delicate problem and because of that I never went to any doctor to seek medical help.
Few months ago I’ve noticed small white pimples on my scrotum and lower part of penis. I was very frightened because I’ve never seen anything like it.
They are like white lumps, which sometimes pop and leak out a white substance. Could this be from some sexually transmitted disease (STD) or infection?
Any ideas what it could be and what I should do about it?

You almost described my symptoms a year ago. I was frightened because on of my friends told me that I will need a surgery. But, in spike of that, I went to my general practitioner to have him look what this could be.
He said this is simple sebaceous cysts of the scrotum, which are rather like infected hair follicles, and which occasionally, can become infected or inflamed. He said that this is very common problem and that I shouldn’t worry at all.
Surgery is not needed because they will disappear on their own.
I think you are experiencing same problem like me a year ago, so, now you know what this could be but I suggest you to visit your GP and see for your self.

I have that same problem (white pimples on my testicles) but recently some black pimples have shown up on them. I was wondering if its an indication of an STD or if its normal. Please Help!

Thank You

i have had this problem, especially after shaving my scrotum on my girlfriends request. The 1st thing i thought was "herpes!" but herpes manifests itself as blisters filled with a clear liquid. I presume the pimples are tiny, with a small white head. I strongly suspect these are nothing more than a minor infection of the hair follicle. keep very dry with baby powder, change your underwear frequently and consider an antifungal cream. the black pimple is probably a blackhead - similar to what a teenager would get on their face, caused by the oxidation of the whitehead. to be sure, go to a doctor! i know you might be embarrassed, but its nothing he (or god forbid she) has seen a tousand times before!

ya i've had the same thing for a while.
probably should go get it fixed. thank god its nothing horrible.

I have the same issue. I have sebaceous hair follicle infections all over my scrotum and underside of my penis. They have been there since I was 12. I was told they would go away and I think over the years they have gotton worse. About 6 per square inch. Some pop, some dont, and sometimes I will get a hair that became ingrown and turned into a sore with a full hair retained inside the sore. Getting pissed off now that I am 21. Anyone have any clues as to how to get rid of this? Believe it or not, I smoked pot a few times and they went down to a minimum. I use a surgical scrub all the time. I wish I could beat this.. I dont feel like visiting the doc either..

I'm a bit younger, I'm 14 almost 15, i have pimples all on my testes. right side anyway, a few on the right, but anyway, there is this unusually larger one on the right the i tried to pop but all that came out was a clear liquid, puss perhaps, i have shaved more then 1nc because of hairs. I'm not liking the fact that this one is larger then the rest. also if someone can giv eme any acne tips for my forehead. please and thankyou,

**edited by moderator**

just go to the doctor. could be a problem, maybe maybe not. you'll feel better about it !

Ok listen, i am 36 yrs old and it took me until i was 25 to learn a lesson... STOP TYRING TO POP THEM!!!!!! I know its human nature to pop a pimple, zit or blemish but if you listen to me you will notice they wont be there anymore... I got so bad one became so infected with very thick puss that it was the size of a golfball, i popped it and i was squeezing forever until i had a large amount of puss in my hand that looked like ricotta cheese (hoping my disgusting visual will scare the c**p out of you).
Keep your hands out of your pants when watching tv or lying in bed, because you are probably unconsciously doing it (squeezing at your scrotum) and causing the infected pores., hair folicles, etc.....

i've got the same problem. i first started to notice them when i was 16 and i'm 19 now. i'm starting to get alittle impatient with them but i don't want to see a docter just yet as i've done my research on the matter and it's nothing serious. that and i'm just not a fan of having a guy fondle with my penis. but from the research that i've done i can tell you all that you shouldn't stress over the matter. the solution to get rid of them or at least keep them at a minimal is simple. change your underwear frequently. try to keep sweating to a minumal and if necisary use baby powder. if you shave then make sure that you shave properly and use soap for sensative skin and COLD water (do not under any circumstances use after shave as that is the stupidest thing you could do, try it and you'll know what i mean) to close the pores afterwards to prevent bacteria and what not from creating a build up resulting in a pimple.
Also try to avoid popping any of them as that will just spread the bacteria resulting in even more pimples. but if you do pop one make sure that you wash your genitals thoroughly with soap and cold water.

And if you pop one and the puss substance is CLEAR and not a solid colour, then i suggest that you see your GP asap as it could very well be a STD.

If you're feeling insecure about it and don't want to see a GP (out of embarasment) then talk to your mates, it's a very common and normal thing to go through.

I had 2 white pimple like bumps on my scrotum and I popped one, puss came out (I squeezed a little harder and blood came out) are you sure that it's normal I'm only 13 and I've never (I repeat NEVER) had sex. Is there an STD that you can get without sex? (yeah I know STD is Sexually Transmitted Disease but I dont know if there are two or more way to get a disease) HELP

I have white pimple like bumps on my scrotum skin and I popped one long back, some white puss came out (I squeezed a little harder and blood came out) now its growing on scrotum only and scratching, are you sure that it's normal I'm only 27 yrs and I had sex with my gf many times but i had this pimple before having sex. Is there an STD or any anything else.

Please help or suggest some good medicine.

I've had spots on my scrotum and penis for as long as I can remember. Most can be squeezed but a few of the larger ones in less hairy areas are too hard to be popped. I've searched the internet thorougly and I think I may have a combination of acne (for the poppables) and infected hair follicles.

I'm going to try and keep it clean, dry, stop squeezing and the doctor prescribed a course of antibiotics capsules for the acne on my back (which should help). See the doctor if it causes you discomfort or it's only occurring after relations with a new sexual partner. If you're like me and just have a spotty groin, don't bother seeing a doctor unless you want the prescription.

He misdiagnosed mine as pearly penile papules, which, after looking them up on the internet, are definitely not what I have. It was nerveracking but he was very proffessional, didn't touch me much and wore gloves, but I feel it was a bit of a waste of time.

i have had bumps on my scrotum for years now i have had a dr look at it several times. they all told me it is folliculitis and i have been put on antibiotics for it a couple of times and it will almost clear but not all the way. i can say i am sick of this because i am 40 and i have had this in some form or another for 10 - 15 years it is just recently it has gotten worse but i think it is probably my fault because i itch and pop them all the time even though i know the liquid inside will infect another pore and then it just keeps spreading. ready to go to a dermatologist to try and clear this. my suggestion dont wait 15 years hoping it will just go away.

I have just noticed the same thing, sounds like what I might have by reading all this is problems from shaving and my pores getting infected probably because I sweat a lot. I actually just got out of the shower and an antifungal cream I was prescribed did not help but rubbing alcohol did, nearly closed them up right away!