For about a year, I had a small bump about midway up the shaft of my penis. Every indicator seemed to me to be that of an ingrown hair, so I basically ignored it. Now, about five or six weeks ago I noticed this bump was much larger. I also noticed 4-5 similar ones around it, not right next to it but in the same general vicinity. I have plucked a hair from the middle of the original one and am treating it 2-3 times a day with hydrogen peroxide. I also plucked a hair from two of the others, the remaining ones look like these but I have yet to find hairs growing out of them. My question is, are these most likely ingrown hairs? Is it possible to get several at once? I'm pretty sexually active and was a bit of a wild man in my past, so I have had exposure to other sexual partners, although I have slowed down a lot in recent years. Do I simply have ingrown hair or should I be concerned about something worse?

Hi Albert,

It may be a sebaceous cyst that you're seeing.  They are common on the penis and often appear as a bump.

See your doctor for confirmation.

Hope it helps.

Medic-Dan, thanks. I forgot to mention that I'm feeling no pain from these bumps and they are quite small. They don't look like blisters, they are pretty much pink with maybe a circular design or dimple/dent looking deal on the top or sides.

They still sound like cysts. Basically, they are oil glands under the skin. The only way to be sure though is to see your doctor.