my older brother was diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea… some kind of a rash… What is this? Is it contagious?

Hey,
Pityriasis Rosea is a skin rash, caused by a virus. It can happen that Pityriasis rosea emerges in one household with ore member, but Pityriasis rosea is not highly contagious. Pityriasis rosea usually takes time around 3 week, sometimes even more than 10 (but in severe cases). However, maybe would be good, if your brother would visit a doctor, but in any case, he must take mild showers, baths are not recommended and he must avoid sun burns.
I hope I helped you understand Pityriasis rosea.

I was diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea 3 or 4 months ago. It took 2 and a half months to heal and I now have brown scars where my spots were. They say they dont know the cause but I got mine from my kitten with bald spots. The virus transferred to my other cats and onto me. My fiance, mother and brother all have one or two spots but mine were the worse because of my immune system. It is just a virus that he will have to live with. It is not very contagious but it is contagious whether his doctor says its not. I wish him luck with the horrible itching and the pain he will have to go through. I suggest Hydrocortizone to stop the itching. It was my savior. Good luck to your brother