Hi, I`m 18 and got a problem with an itchy red rash on my chest, which spread on my arms and legs. I was diagnosed with Pityriasis rosea. Never had a skin problem before. Anyway, my dermatologist told me to use mild hydrocortisone creams to soothe inflammation. I was just wondering is there anybody with PR experience to give me some more info. I`m not sure about that prescribed cream also. Anybody with some info on PR?

Hi, had a pityriasis rosea last spring. It`s no big deal, it`s just skin disorder, followed by rash. I was on no such treatment, my doctor told me that it will go on its own. The sun is also helpful. Anyway, after 2 months the rash was gone. This is a common skin rash of young people and it occurs more often in the spring and fall. So, no worries, it will go away, with or without that cream. However, a hydrocortisone cream is necessary to stop itching and sometimes even to make the rash go away. Interesting to say that the cause of this pityriasis rosea is unknown.