About 2 1/2 months ago I developed what my doctor at the time told me was a "herald patch" of pityriasis rosea on my abdomin. He told me to expect it to develop into a trunk rash, that it would go away on its own, and that it was not contagious. However, a further rash never developed and as of last week, I noticed a similar looking "herald patch" on my husband's abdomin.

I am now concerned that what I have is not pityriasis rosea, but something else entirely. The patch definately looks nothing like ringworm, by all pictures I've seen looks just like pityriasis rosea. Should I be worried? My husband started a new job last month and we won't have health insurance for another 2 months. Is this something I should see a doctor about right away?

Hi, I know the doctors say that it is not contagious but I am not sure they know enough about this virus to guarantee that. I have had it off and on for two years, my husband has had it, my sister-in-law, my grandbaby and now my sister. I had never heard of pityriasis rosea before and now all of a sudden all these family members have it but they say it is not contagious? It seems too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence. Also, I will have the little severely itchy pimple looking things for 6-8 weeks, it will seem to get much better then we go to a family event and I break out again. The only logical thing I can assume is that we are reinfecting each other when we get together. Some family members have a more mild case and some more severe. I wish the doctors would admit they do not know enough about it instead of saying "oh, it is definitely not contagious." I have a lot of guilt thinking I infected and am possibly infecting other members of my family with this uncomfortable, unattractive condition.