My husband has been on narcotics for two years and by the end he was taking 140 mg. percocet and 50 mg. duragesic patch.. plus he would occassionally chew an additional patch.. in realizing his situation and time and again him going through withdrawals when he ran out of his RX early and insisting at his "rock bottom" that he was done with those "things"... he finally searched for treatment with a Dr. that does the suboxone treatment. Together we went through the process and I was finally seeing a change in my husband.. I wanted to do everything possible to help him through this even though this was costing us $ that we don't have.. it didn't matter.. to see him on the right path to feeling better about himself and about life... it finally felt like we were getting back to "us".. I discovered yesterday that he had been gettting refills from an online source and using my credit card to do so.. was even sneaky about trying to pay off the bill so that it wouldn't show up... very long story short..after finding out about his disception.. i kicked him out ( we've been together for 12 years.. married for 2 1/2) and i know in my heart I needed to do this.. fo him and for me... i insisted I wasn't going to abandon my husband when he needed me.. but when i found out he's wasting both of our time and $ and LYING to me... that was it!!.. does anyone have any words of wisdom??? similar experience??? this just happened yesterday and the only person i've talked to about this is his mom... need an outsider's point of view... thank you for any responses... b

First of all, he can only help himself. If he's ready, I would suggest a rehabilitation center. They offer lots of support and can be very effective if he's willing to do the work. I have been where he is and tough love from my family is what made me want to quit. Show concern but set limits and consequences. Especially if you are in a financial jam, make sure he no longer has access to any of your money/credit cards.

Yea...i hear you.My husband left his family approx,two hours ago,after 2 try's in detox.The last cost us 1400, for 7 days.He went to the doctor's office to get urine screens to be tested for morphine,cociane etc... to prove to me that he is clean!! He left with a prescribtion for diluidad 4mgs, i caught him AGAIN!! I bought him a bus ticket back to his home town till he enters rehab!!! in a month.You have to let go... and i guess let god.I'm emoitiannly as sick as he is. Crying screaming i'm losing my sanity and i'm not the one on drugs.I refuse to be sick along side him.It is hard sooo hard cause i love him more then anything inthe world, but that man who just left is NOT MY HUSBAND!!!! I miss him so much, but i have to remeber that that is not him. It's hard!! GOOD LUCK