ok, so my mom is 51 years old but looks like shes 83, she went through menopause a year ago, shortly after got into a really bad depression and hasnt been able to over come that. she does not eat, and when she does it afects her stomach. she weights 40 pounds which isnt normal, she has really bad headaches that wont go away for days, she is always anxious, crying, stressed, and refuses to leave the house, she often says things that dont make sence at all, she gets agressive and is always worried, she is very skinny not even a size 0, also when she eats several parts of her body hurt.. recently she felt a lump in her stomach, to be more exact in her left side under her ribs and it often moves around her stomach(so she says). i think its a tumor but doctors cant tell. i live in colombia south america and my mother is my only family, im 15 years old. i really need your help.
psiquiatrist have seen her and sent her depression pills but they dont seem to work either.
anything will be apreciated.
thank you so much! :( :cry:

I’m sorry you have to deal with this tough situation alone – is there anyone who could give you support in finding out what is the problem? Depression symptoms definitely do add a lot to this, they can even be a main reason why your mother doesn’t eat. And to make things worse, depression meds take time to start working. Doctors could easily tell if it was a tumor, but it’s a little bit harder to detect many other stomach problems. It could be gallbladder or stomach and both of these problems are treatable. In the meantime she should try to eat something light, like rice and some skinless chicken and in a small meal so it doesn’t cause the pain.