Hey people,
I need some advice. I would like to know what colon surgery is, since my grandfather is having one in a month. Mum doesn’t want t talk about it, so it leaves me nothing to post it here...
Thanks in advance!

Your grandfather was probably detected with (large) polyp, maybe even cancer in his colon; in that case colon surgery is needed in order to remove the growth.
Hopefully this surgery shall be performed early enough... if that is the case, than colon surgery is the only treatment your grandfather shall need to correct his colon problem.
Some polyps (smaller and on the rectum) can be removed through anus with colonoscope, others (larger and flat) need to be removed with abdominal surgery.
If he has cancer, surgeon shall remove the cancer and surrounding tissue and lymph glands to reduce the chance of recurrence.
I sincerely hope your grandfather shall feel better after colon surgery!