Hi, my mother had colorectal cancer and I try to take at what I eat and my bowel movements, although I suffer from chronic constipation. What are risk factors and symptoms of colorectal cancer?

You are at risk to develop colorectal cancer if you are older then 50 years, if you have family history of the disease. Even if you had cancer of the colon, rectum, ovary, endometrium, or breast you are at greater risk to get colorectal cancer. Some polyps may proliferate to malignant cells and cause cancer. Ulcerative colitisor Chron’s disease and certain hereditary conditions, such as familial adenomatous polyposis and hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer are factors that put you at risk. Symptoms like: a change in bowel habits, blood in the stool, diarrhea, constipation, or feeling that the bowel does not empty completely, frequent gas pains, bloating, fullness, or cramps and vomiting could all indicate colorectal cancer.