I have a very uncommon problem. I have to poop right after I eat. Immediately, but literally immediately. This can be very annoying since I can never eat when I’m out for fear of this problem. I have watery stool very often when that happens. And I poop several times a day - when I get up and after every meal and sometimes even in between... It’s been lasting for almost a year now. What is the cause?

This is actually a very common problem and it is called irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). The symptoms, apart from those you describe, can also be abdominal pain, feeling gassy or bloated, cramps, constipation, very frequent feeling of strong urge to have bowel movement etc. You should visit your doctor and he will check if your problems are caused by IBS. This condition is not dangerous, it cannot harm your bowel or develop into cancer. It can be very annoying, though. The doctor will suggest diet changes and stress management. Stress and depression cannot cause IBS, but they can initiate the symptoms if they have already appeared before. Try to experiment with the food you eat and you might discover that certain foods make your problem worse, so you will be able to avoid those. Drink plenty of water and eat several small meals rather than two big ones. Get used to the symptoms because this problem tends to occur again and again throughout life.

I have the exact same issue. It's so hard when I have to get up from class to go use the restroom and miss important material.

You might be lactose intollorent. The same thing will happen to me if I eat or drink anything with milk in it. And even if you haven't always been, you can be now.

This happens to me all the time after I eat qdoba!!

Finally im not the only one that poops 8 times a day!

Try to stay clear of greasy foods such as fast food. Also when you make meals at home try to rinse off any excess grease even if it is by putting paper towel in the pan with meat to absorb the excess. Also things like pop or anything carbonated will make matters worse on occasion. I have the same problem and I have found things like chicken and pork or wild game are the best things to eat along with pastas. Red meat, as much as it pains me to say it because nothing makes me happier then a burger or steak, is an extremely bad when it comes to upsetting your system. I'm a big guy I'm 6'3 220 and 26 years old I use to eat like a horse but slowing down while you eat and eating smaller also helps. Hope this helps you out a bit and good luck.

Im in the same boat bud!! Its so annoying and its been going on for years now:( its no matter what I eat whether its healthy or not. I cant ever enjoy a date with my fiance cause cant eat then go do something exciting right after cause im stuck to a toilet. I live my life off imodium and pepto:( well I feel your pain bud..

My wife was having the same problems and after being tested we found out it was colitis.(very similar to chrons) Check with your doctor and get tested. In most cases it can be cured, unfortunately for my wife so far it is not cured even after several med treatments.
Absolutely not something to try and live with. now after our house has had cold and flu run through it she is now fighting low potassium.

i `v tried everything i uit soda coffee, sweets tried to eat more cheese it does not matter

I have the same problem, right after every meal, do you think we retain the calories, or because

we expel them so quickly, do they not have time to be absorbed?

Ok everybody try researching Mangostein juice (i hope i spelled that right) My mother in law has Colitis and we picked up a bottle of mangostein because a freind of mine suggested it and guess what...her symptoms slowly started going away. When she stopped taking it her symptoms came back. I have been taking it for 4 years now and have not had a cold for the entire four years. Be carefull with it though it is 1500 miligrams of anti oxidants in one shot glass and must be taken with food. If your already taking meds the antioxidants will reduce perscribtion meds your taking. Thats what antioxidants do. Good luck everyone.

i have the same problem . i even quit drinking alcohol b4ecause of this . I have started feeling better , but it still happens after every meal at least . In fact i have just started taking yakult , hope that helps .

I am 50 years old and have had this my entire life. My Father and Brother have the same, but not my Mom. I have just learned to deal with it. Glad to know that Im not alone. Eating out is the worse time, sometimes in the middle of eating I have to go

thanks sir for advice