Ive been on many forms of birth control for about 7 years now, and last time i had intercourse was in January. Mid february, i noticed a light bleeding while i wasnt supposed to be having my period. I didnt think anything of it, because the interval of my cycle is every three months. spotting isnt unusual. Anyway, a few days later i had larger bloody clots. I had never had clots this big before. I didnt decide to go to the doctor then, because i didnt really know what to do, i didnt show any signs of pregnancy, but when i asked my mother after the fact, she never showed anything until she missed her period. With me not supossed to have my period for a while, and having the big clots come out, i was worried that somehow my fiance had gotten me pregnant, i knew nothing about it. after the big clots came out i read a little about it, and was worried i might have had a miscarriage. hpt showed negative, and im still not showing any signs of pregnancy. do you think it was possibly just a super heavy irregular flow? or could it have been a miscarriage?

Hi:
If you think that it could have been a miscarriage, then you should see a doctor. Only he/she could really determine that. However, your hpt was negative. Could you have taken it too early? If not, you didn't mention your age, but if you are between about 36 and mid 40s, could this be peri-menopause. This usually occurs during that age bracket and it is not "regular" menopause, which usually occurs around the age of 52 and above. Peri-menopause typically involves heavy, irregular bleeding/clotting. It seems to be a big secret that women don't find out about until it happens. Then it causes full panic, even though it is somewhat "normal." I hope this info helps. Consult your ob/gyn for solid answers and let us know what you find out. I hope that you will find your answers soon.