Four months ago I had a bunion operation. My foot never healed because it keeps getting swollen even now. I wore the orthopedic shoe for six weeks as per the doctor's instruction and used the crutches for almost three months but there is no change. There is a funny sensation on the nerves in the middle of the foot where the operation ends, a sensation that can be interpreted as pain. Recently the toe throbs for hours on end despite the pain tablets that I am taking. Is there any advice on this ? I'm desperate and concerned that the swelling and pain will never go away.

Have you consulted with your doctor since this has started to happen? I think that you will have to do just that because if the swelling is not showing any signs of easing off or it even starts to get worse, there might be chance that something is not healing properly or that the wound had gotten infected - you have to make sure that it's not the worst case scenario such as infection would be.