When I was a child I had severe ear infections. I think that was time when my problem started. Currently, I have loud ringing in one, and pounding in other ear. I would like to know something about it, why this occurs at me. Also I would like to hear if anyone had the same problem.

I have to tell you I know something about it because my daughter had the same problem. What you will hear from me is not 100% sure, that’s something that only your doctor with specify exams could say. I am glad to hear that you don’t suffer with episodes of vertigo. Anyway, you should be aware because that spells of vertigo can come and go at any time. Pounding in ear is common symptoms of Meniere’s disease. That means there is no doubt you suffer from cochlea damage induced tinnitus as well. Probably that cochlea damage is due to the ear infections you suffered with as a child. I can’t tell you any more now, just hope that pounding will be solved soon. The best for you is to visit your doctor and share your problem there. He will check exact cause of that pounding and prescribe you right medicine, or even surgical way to solve it.