hi- i am desperate for help! I am now 48 and have had eratic periods for the past 2 years (eversince my 6th miscarriage occured at week 5) infact my last bllod flow- longer than usual happened last november......so, after months of moodines and hot sweats with some sicky headaches, its mighty strange because i have felt the well-known sensations of being pregnant! my uterus is thickening- with that heat one feels of furious activity. I've had feeling of complete fuzziness and heaviness, increased blood flow leading to a massively higher libido! some breast sensation and back ache plus one bout of sickness and head pains. when i first realised that this could be a pregnancy i resumed use of a good progesterone cream- which i know can mimic the signs of pregancy in itself.

Friends don't believe it could be a pregancy and the 2 home tests i have done have been negative. i guess i shall get to a doc but with huge economic pressures to get out to fulltime work- i have been trying to set up in business but so far failed...... with no sign of any blood flow- just healthy muccus i am dying for some insight from someone out there......please help!

Well, since the two home pregnancy tests were negative and your period has been very irregular for almost half a year (so your ovulation has probably been very erratic also - if there was one), I would also have to agree with your friends that chances you are pregnant are fairly small. You know yourself that blood pregnancy test or sonogram are the only 100 percent ways to know for sure, but the thing is, hormonal changes that your body goes through before the menopause are caused by the same hormones that cause first pregnancy symptoms, so it is really not too hard to get confused, especially with periods being as they are now.

thanks for that- yes logic says you are right but theres definitely a swelling in the womb- I need the loo a lot in the night now. I did have a pregancy  in my twenties which confused my then gp- who kept groping around maybe/maybenot - as i didnt then want a child- after eventually finding it was a positive- it ended in a very late termination. if it just a build up of womb lining will it end in a blood flow or what?!!!

Whichever way we look at it, there is no way of knowing for sure without a medical examination. It's hard to say what will happen because the whole point of menopause that hormones are going bit crazy causing so many signs and symptoms with unpredictable to absent menstrual flow - I cannot say for sure anything from this side of the screen, you do realize that.

At your stage in life, all I can say is do not rely on urine tests. Get a blood test and you can ask for your hormone tests to be run as well.

I am in the same boat symptom wise. I am 46. Especially the higher libido. My spouse is enjoying that. We have been trying positions that do not hurt my tummy. Read the book, The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, by Vicki Iovine humorous and informative.

I have been seeing a chiropractor for a back injury and can't tolerate being adjusted on my front side any more. He agrees to adjust me on my side now. I used to sleep on my tummy and not now.

I think that it is possible for you to be pregnant and still have negative tests, even blood tests early on. Ask a nurse practitioner or DO that believes in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy to check all your hormone levels and include the hCG that test might be expensive if you do not have insurance.

Talk to a nurse practioner about diet and supplements, prebiotics and probiotics and exercise. That is what I am doing and trying to relax.....