im a sophomore in high school and so is my girlfriend. recently we had sex for the first time. it was her first time and mine but it was unprotected. im not sure if any of my semen got inside her, and i dont know the risk of her getting pregnant. i need to know the risk.

Any time you have unprotected intercourse there is always a chance for pregnancy...Even if you did not ejaculate inside her there is always the chance of precum which does contain sperm, and can live inside a womens body anywhere from 3 to 7 days at the latest...If it has been less then 5 days you could go to planned parenthood and get the morning after pill Plan B but it must be taken within 5 days and the sooner the better, her parents do not have to know, and she could also get birthcontrol while she is there as well, sometimes at free of charge to teens....If she is going to be sexually active, and doesnt want a baby then birthcontrol is the best route, to use along with condoms, this will reduce the risk of pregancy if both are used correctly..Hope this Helps....

I am always wondering why do teens have unprotected intercourse, especially for the first time? How come you are not aware of the fact that there is a huge chance for teen pregnancy? the same thing happened to my nephew - even if I was there for her, willing to talk about everything that she wants to know, she didn't want to tell me that she has a boyfriend and that they are planning to have sex. I would tell her that it is not time because she was only 15 back then, but I would also tell her more about protection. We are friends and it is better for me to tell her all those things than anyone else. But she didn't tell me and she had intercourse for the first time and she got pregnant! You know what was her excuse? Her friends told her that there is no chance that girl can get pregnant during the first intercourse ever. What a mistake....What a lack of education....