The other day my friend informed me that she had unprotected sex with her boyfriend, she also says that when he pulled out and came on her leg and stomach she waited till he went to take a shower (just a few seconds after handing her something to clean up with apparently) then scooped what she could and fingered herself with it, trying to get as much as she could in hopes to get pregnant. I know its really risky to do this obviously but how much of a chance is there since she just used her finger? And should I go ahead and smack her upside the head? Ha.

Well it is very very unlikely that she got pregnant from scooping it up and sticking it inside her. it has a long way to go and sperm dies very quickly in the air. How old is she? bc i had a child at 18 and i can tell her its NOT something to strive for. a baby doesnt keep a relationship together( my divorce is evident of that) and It does not make any problems go away.It only creates more issues. I personally think she does need to be smacked upside the head. That is just my opinion tho.

Well we are 23 and their relationship is so-so, I guess considered pretty typical. I did wack her in the head though. She had also said it was the day after her ovuation though Im not sure how you chart all that (I have never worried about it). Apparently she is supposed to get her period next week though so I guess she will find out. Im hoping she isnt just for the sake of her relationship, our fun time to go party and hang out, and just the child that would be produced. Thanks for your reply.

Well usually your most likely to get pregnant the few days leading up to ovulation. but it really just depends on the womans particular cycle. Hopefully all turns out well. I personally dont think she is pregnant.

You really can't be too sure though so I would encourage her to take a pregnancy test to be sure. Has she done so already? Let me know how she's doing!

She hasn't taken a PT yet cause she isn't late for her period yet. Told me they wouldnt give an accurate answer yet anyway. It will be Wednesday when she starts so I guess I will let you guys know what it happens, stay tuned. Lol.

It is little strange to me that she is doing this. Having a baby should be the thing that they both agree on. Boyfriend should be informed about this.
It is unlikly that she can get pregnant this way but there is always a chance. If she is pregnant her hCG level should be high enough after one or two weeks.

Just wondering how things are going with the situation, and i completely agree with dark_red that the boyfreind should be informed of these things, and he should also know the only way to really prevent a unplanned pregnancy is to wear protection. The pull out method is not fool-proof. I was on birthcontrol and my boyfriend(at the time) pulled out. And now i have a 2 year old. also a baby wont fix a relationship. my now ex husband was not ready to be a father and is to this day not taking care of his son. So the girl should really know what she is getting into. Its not all bubbles and roses. Its a human life.

Hi there, do you have an update for us? I was following this story and I'd like to hear if you have any new information. Can you please let me know? Thanks!

Well she found out she wasn't pregnant, and she actually did come clean to him. They are pretty much working through things though Im sure he is being a little bit more careful where he leaves things, if you get my drift. Im crossing my fingers for them both that things work out.

Thats good. Im glad they are working through things. Hopefully she will start to be a bit more sensible about things like that as well.

It is very good that they are talking about this and working their way. These are the decisions that they both need to make. Not just her. If they want a child both have to agree.

I totally agree. I think the strongest foundation to a relationship is solid communication so I'm glad that they've got that aspect hammered out at least for the time being. Thanks for the update, Dolly.