I had an ultrasound 13 days ago and was told that there was no fetal heartbeat. The embryo was 6 weeks 6 days. I decided I would wait for a miscarriage to occur naturally but it has been 13 days and I have never even spotted. No spotting has occured in the 13 days since the ultrasound or prior to that. How much longer should I wait before seeing a doctor? 

I bled some and started feeling like I have a bowling ball in my gut, so I had an ultrasound at 12 wks and was told baby was 7 wk size and no heartbeat.  I do everything naturally, and have had 5 previous miscarriages.  The other 5 were all the same, spotting, cramping, miscarry and cramp horribly in bed for a month before I started getting my strength back.  This time is very different however.  I am now almost 16 wks, I have only had minor bleeding 4 times about 7-10 days between each bleeding episode.  I could handle that if that was all that I was dealing with.  For 2 months now I have felt like I have a bowling ball in my gut and I am very weak and get out of breath easily.  I have to stretch my ribs out to get them off my belly to give me a little relief.  I am 5'7" and 125 lbs so I am not fat but feel like I am 10 months pregnant.  I am use to going like the energizer bunny.  Not for the last 2 months! I require at least 10 hours of sleep at night or I have to take a nap during the day.  If I do not, I hurt worse and feel like I can't breathe or take another step.  We adopted 2 foster boys and they are 4 and 5 and my husband's tree stand fell and he landed on his heel from 16 ft.  Shattered his femur and heel so I am having to take care of my little boys and my big boy.  So getting enough rest is difficult.  Not to mention unloading the dishwasher!  I called a midwife and she told me some herbs I can order to start contractions.  I couldn't order them b/c I didn't want to start hurting worse and felt like I couldn't abort my baby...what if? 

I read the posts from the no heartbeat at 6 wks page and most of the ladies said their miscarriages felt like bad period cramps.  I hope they know how fortunate they were.  All 5 of my previous miscarriages and one 10 minute episode of this one, the cramps are excruciating, double me over and I hit the floor writhing in pain and stay there until it passes.  I have a very high tolerance of pain.  I had 2 embedded wisdom teeth removed and took no pain killers, not even tylenol after.  I'd rather hurt than take any man-made chemicals.  One of the ladies on the page said baby died Nov. 15th and she didn't miscarry until Dec. 15th.  She said she didn't have a whole lot of bleeding.  Her Dr. said the baby's decomposition may have been absorbed by her body.  The midwife told me she knew of a lady who didn't miscarry for 30 wks and it was absorbed by her body.  I'm assuming they knew it was still in there at 30 wks b/c of ultrasound.  I got on here looking for some answers.  Found the one lady whose baby hung around for 1 month, but why am I feeling this way???  I need to get ready for Christmas for these little guys!  I guess I'll order the herbs.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

I don't have insurance, but even if I did, I wouldn't get a D&C.  So unnatual.  Woman have had miscarriages all through time w/o being scraped out.  I'm not gonna be stupid.  If I start running a fever or something I will see someone to figure out what is going on.  Has anyone out there ever gone through this???  What is going on with me?  Why do I feel this way?  

I will also wait it out. My midwife suggested the d&c but from my research I would not want the cervical scarring that that causes. I will wait and if no change or bleeding in 3 weeks I will love my sleeping baby out with a deep tissue massage (pressure points for labor induction) or acupuncture.

I have to update my post. I am the one that waited soooo long. I thought I finally miscarried at 19 wks. But, I continued to bleed for 60+ days. So I called a midwife and asked her. She said you should not be bleeding this long. She told me to go on bedrest and order an herbal blend for stopping the blood and take chlorophyll for iron. I was told this on a Friday.  I started bedrest the next Wed. It took a several days to find someone to come "be me" and take care of me and my family. However, the Sunday in between we had a political fundraiser Super Bowl Party (my husband is running for State Senate). I talked to a lady there and told her my situation. I told her my gums have been bleeding as well, and I've had nosebleeds. She said "You're body still thinks you are pregnant! I had nosebleeds and my gums bled the whole time I was pregnant". That conversation was a divine appt!  

Out of curiousity, I took a pregnancy test the next morning. It was positive! This weirded me out enough to go ahead and finally get a Dr. appt. even tho I am all natural and have no insurance. I had been dealing with this for almost 6 months. I only weighed a little over 130 lbs at 5'7" and was very skinny everywhere except for my belly! Everytime I looked in the mirror, I looked 5 or 6 months pregnant! So, Valentines Day at 8 am I go to the Dr. They don't let me go home until I have an emergency surgery that night! It was a molar pregnancy, very rare. With this condition, if I had hemorrhaged at any time in the last 6 months, I would have bled out, as in dead, within 3 minutes! God held me together until I was confused enough to finally go to the Dr. A molar pregnancy is not something that just goes away on it's own. It is abnormal tissue (no baby) that just keeps growing and grows out of the uterus and if cancerous goes straight to the brain and heart. My surgeon told me a 42 yr old woman came in to get checked out and it had already gone to her heart and brain.

They did 3 ultrasounds, ran blood tests on me , MRI and x-rays to test for cancer, etc. before they could do the D&C and possible emergency hysterectomy (if I hemorrhaged during surgery). They actually used a vacuum to suck it all out b/c it can grow back. Everything went off w/o any problems and I went home the next day. My belly was so much smaller, so I got on the scale. 114 lbs!!! They took over 15 lbs of that stuff out of me!!! My husband had told me I was losing wt and I told him I wasn't. My belly was huge and the scales stayed over 130 lbs. I was losing "me" weight and gaining tissue in my uterus the whole time, so the scales were the same. They will check my HCg levels for 3 wks, then monthly for 6 months, unless it is the kind that can be cancerous, then they monitor more closely for a year.

While in the MRI tube laying there in pain with my 44 yr old back on a flat surface for 30 minutes, I was calling God some of His wonderful names: You are my Prince of Peace, my Buckler, my Strong Tower, my Great Physician, my Healer, my Deliverer, etc. I also told Him, "take care of my babies" (meaning all 5 of them here on earth, from my 22 year old who is destined to serve God but is currently running, all the way down to my 4 yr old). Before I even got the thought completed, I heard emphatically "YOU'RE gonna take care of your babies!" Not with my ears, but in my spirit. I smiled REAL big and said "Yes, Sir!".

Point is, go to the Dr., you don't have to do what they say if it's a normal miscarriage you are waiting on. I too avoided going to the Dr b/c I was avoiding a D&C like the plague. I knew that is what they would tell me to do. I wasn't about to do that. But, thank God He sent that girl to tell me my body still thinks I'm pregnant. Find out! Get diagnosed. That is all I have ever used a Dr. for prior to this. Just to confirm what I am dealing with so I can use natural methods to overcome. This problem was not going to go away or work itself out. There are situations that need medical intervention, your life may depend on it.