This is my second pregnancy with chronic hyperventilation syndrome. I am only 5 weeks pregnant so far this time but am extremely nervous about what is to come. My last pregnancy was absolutely horrible because of this syndrome, I literally thought i was going to die and was in the hospital every second day towards the end of the nine months. Does anyone have any advice or has anyone experienced this as well. Please Help!!!

Dear Magicfox

I have suffered with chronic hyperventilation syndrome for sometime and the only thing that has helped,is seeing a specialist respiratory physiotherapist. Breathing exercises do help as a coping strategy. The book by Dinah Bradley is also very good and that contains some very good advice and breathing exercises that you could use. Best wishes on your pregnancy and I hope that everything goes well for you.