Hello. I'm 45 year old male and I would like to find out some information about appropriate postoperative care.
About three weeks ago I have had an operation called partial colectomy in which the big part of my colon is removed. This is because few days before I was diagnosed with carcinoma.
Anyway, operation went well but it’s very difficult for me to choose the appropriate food because there are strict restrictions. Someone told me that some proteins shakes are the good choice to start with.
Does anybody know anything about it?

Hi. I'm very glad that the operation went well and that you're feeling good now. I know some facts about this postoperative care because I nursed my mother who had the same operation few years back.
Of course I talked with doctor about what she should eat and what types of food to avoid.
Doctor told me that following a colectomy, best diet is any diet high in calories, but low in fat. Menu selections should also be rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. That’s the answer to your question- protein shakes are definitely a good choice. There are shakes that you can find on market made just or this. The one I used is called MA-Complex.
Be sure to drink 6 to 8 large glasses of liquid, such as water or juice each day.

This was great info as I had right hemicolectomy 6/25/18 and was unsure of protein shakes. I didn’t get much instructions from my doctor other than soft diet. I have lost 10 lbs since surgery. It has been rough but each day is getting better. I think the worse part was the NG tube.