Hi, I have just started to pay attention to my health and the way my body looks. I found that the best way I can manage these two problems is by going to the gym. And so I did. It seams that I can handle a lot of exercises except one: chin-ups. Do you have a word of advice for my problems with chin-ups?

Hi, I think that you made the right decision by starting to go to the gym. You must realize that this is only the beginning. As the time passes, you will be able to do more exercises with out a problem. The usual problem about every exercise, this includes chin-ups, is if you do them last. Your muscles are simply too exhausted for any more training. Also, you should also acquire (learn) the proper breathing techniques. As much as it sounds funny, breathing techniques will indeed help you with your chin-ups problems. You should also ask a professional trainer in your gym to create a workout program suited for you. I hope this has clarified some things.