Whenever I notice an acne on my face, I am starting to squeeze it, even if this one is not fresh at all. So, you can imagine what happens - I just destroyed my face totally, I have an ugly wound for a days after this. I was treating my acne well when I was a teenager. Now, I just want to know are there any chances to do this the same? I mean, can you treat adult acne just as ones you got when you were a teenager? Or I really should visit the dermatologist to see what to do next? Tnx in advance. 

Acne is maybe acne, but there is the difference. Adult acne treatment is a long process that you maybe expect. Now, as you know, when sebum and all that dead skin cells plug up a pore and bacteria, it is usually added to a pimple appears. Generally, some of them are small, near the surface, and go away pretty quickly, like whiteheads and blackheads. Others are huge and bigger, so they are deeper in the skin. But younger skin is more stretching, while adult skin is not that much. That is why it is hard to get rid of it. But, when it comes to the treatment, it all starts with a regimen that combines regular cleansing of your face. For the best advice, I suggest you to visit the dermatologist. 

Celebrity

I think that there is no difference at all if you ask me. I mean, I have seen so many people with this problem, and they are pretty much similar. When it comes to adult acne treatments, they are pretty much the same as those for teens. That requires a regular cleaning of the skin and finding a proper treatment that works for your skin. That is the key. I think that I don't need to explain that the production of sebum and the production of dead skin cells are both controlled by hormones, hormonal therapy is very effective for ladies, no matter are they teens or adult ladies. Good luck! 

Hello. Well, maybe the treatments are pretty much the same, but it is much harder to get rid of the acne when you are older. I am 42 years old and I still have problems with acne like I am dealing with them like I am a teen. My skin is not that flexible anymore so it is hard for me to squeeze acne. I know that this is something that I should not do, but I just can't help it, just like when I was a teen girl. I went to a dermatologist, I am using a proper treatment and a proper cream, but it seems that nothing is getting better. At least, I am not seeing any progress. But I also know that I should not touch it, but I can't help it. Maybe it would go away...Maybe...

Celebrity

Sure that you should not touch it. You can only make it worse, you can have scars on your face. You know what also can help you? A hormonal therapy. You should ask your doctor more about it because it is really helpful since it is a part of a regimen to get rid of acne. But of course, if you are planning to have a baby, this therapy is not a good option. You should not do that.  Of course, hormonal therapies are harder than cream therapies, but you should keep in mind that it will take time to see results with any medication, so don’t expect your acne to clear up quickly.

I also believe that there are no rules, but I also think that it is a little bit harder to get rid of the acne when you are older. There are so many things that play a role in this, and one of those is that you’re also more likely to have dry skin. Did you know that our skin loses the ability to retain moisture as we age? Well, there is the answer. What that actually means? Well, it means that some acne medications and treatments may be too strong and over-drying. So you should find one who will help you deal with this. 

It is not the same, but I found really successful treatment, that helped me, in my case, of course. I am not saying that you should strictly ask for this from your dermatologist, but you sure can ask him what are the benefits of it. Well, the acne treatments like retinols and salicylic acid are also good products for acne, but they are also amazing anti-aging products. They can help you beat, not only your acne issue but also wrinkles. I can say that I found my golden card to a pretty face, and I am very satisfied with it. I have a beautiful face and I am 47 years old. I really believed that I will not be able to deal with acne, but it seems that there is a cure. You need to be persistent and keep seeking for what is the best for you.

When we are older, it happens that our skin becomes red because of some hormonal imbalance. Of course, it is more common in people who already are dealing with acne issues and this issue also can make your skin too sensitive to acne treatments.When you are older, you can also destroy your skin, so I would advise you to think about the treatments that usually include a gentle cleanser, a non-comedogenic moisturizer. Also, natural products are an amazing, so you can try some of them. Natural creams are my choice, of course, but sometimes you can't heal your acne with it. It requires more expensive treatments.