It’s came time for me to chose career, because I am high school senior. I enjoy psychology and I thought about clinical psychology, but someone mentioned psychiatrics. Can anyone help me with an explanation what is difference. I know that psychiatrics go through medical school, but what’s different in actual working.

That is a great question, because most people don’t know that there is indeed a difference between those two. The study of psychiatry is diagnosing, preventing and treating mental disorders. Psychiatrics are doctors who have completed training and residency in psychiatry. They spend time helping patients out with mental illnesses. Psychiatrist can also prescribe medications to treat those illnesses. On the other hand, psychology is study of how people think and behave. It breaks down to many different types of psychology, including business, industrial, vocational, and child psychologies. Unlike psychiatry, psychology tends to encompass many different fields of study, including anthropology and sociology. Psychologists are not doctors such as psychiatrics are, and most psychologists don’t do clinical sort of work. According to that, it is normally they do not prescribe the medications.