hello everyone im new to this site, here's my story and my thoughts.
I first started to notice these small bumps on my penis when i was about 11 (when i started puberty i guess) i was very worried and hoped they would go away, for 5 years i was depressed, stressed out and worried about these bumps and went to the doctors about 4 days ago to get told i have sebaceous prominance, i think when pre teens get taught about puberty and things they go through when they're body changes and develops, when they learn about periods, semen, hair, deeper voices they should also be taught about sebaceous glands because they're are to many teens growing up thinking they're is somthing wrong with them, if its normal, teach it to them in schools. i don't think i myself could persuade the department of education to do this so who agree's with me?

i totally agree i was triping off my ass about that i was like wtf they should tell us that in school

i agree, ive had sex-ed for what, 6 years now? we learnt EVERYTHING and never once has the term sebaceous prominence ever been utter. finally i looked the damn thing up on the net but it used to get me so depressed a scared cos i thought i had some kinda STD.
and the fact that other people dont know about it is just as bad because they could get scared and reach the same conclusion i did and think it was some kind of STD.

yea i agree too its not untill today that i found out these things arent genitle warts..
In school all we learn about is clamidya, herpies etc etc.
i was worrying because me and my girlfriend are going into a more serious relationship and if she sees them there now i think she'll understand there "normal" and its not a STI or ene thing.
i dont dare go to the doctors because i hate the place! but im 15 and has there been ene cases were they go away after puberty and do they spread?? or the number of spots increase around the penis?
thanks