Hi! I am 25 years old. I had shortness of breath, some times tachycardia. Doctor told me after some tests that I have PSVT. What does that mean? Is this condition serious?

Hi! Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) is a rapid heart rate, which occurs from time to time. Cause can be cardiac disorder. Risks for PSVT include smoking, caffeine, alcohol use, and illicit drug use. PSVT may not require treatment. If there are underlying cardiac disorders, treatment may be necessary. When you having an episode of PSVT you can try to interrupt the episode with consists of holding the breath and straining or coughing while sitting with the upper body bent forward. That helps me. You may require a long-term treatment of the PVST which is directed toward the prevention or complete eradication of further episodes or arrhythmia. If you need a treatment you should discus about that with your doctor. Avoid smoking, caffeine, alcohol, and illicit drugs.

im 25, I have psvt and i am 6 months pregnant, i have had 3 doctors all tell me different things. it CANT hurt the baby, it CAn hurt the baby, it will only hurt the baby if you pass out from lack of oxygen. its really scary i had an episode last night that lasted about 5 hours. there is really nothing a doctor can do ( so ive been told) from what i have been told before i was pregnant is that its just uncomfortable. it cant kill you (even tho it feels that way) and when you have the rapid heart beat, what i do is inhale very deeply, hold my breath and bear down like im trying to push, lol, sounds crazy but it works. good luck!!