Hello. I have been on prescription drugs for over 10 years, and i currently was put on methadone at a clinic that i decided to go to so that id stop taking pills. I have been going to the methadone clinic for 3 months now and decided it is time for me to stop. Im just curious on how long my withdrawls will last?? The last few weeks i have been able to only go there a few times a week, so basically im taking methadone everyother day at 120mgs. How long do you think til the withdrawls will kick in?? How long with my withdrawls will last?? What can i do to help with the sysmptoms?? Please any advice will help!!

i think withdrawals would kick in generally 3-4 days after the last pill-after that it takes usually 30days for your body to reprogram and reset..meaning going back to "normal". physical withdrawals usually dont last for more than 2 weeks, im sure youll def feel it but will subside after each day. id tell your clinic that youre planing on getting off-also congrats!!! dont be scared of withdrawals (i know everyone is different) but once you go through them, youll see its not so bad :) remember take multivitamines and st johns wort while stoppong methadone :) good luck!

Where can u get st johns?

You can get st . johns wort at wal greens or cvs . basically anywhere you can buy vitamins.