I am a recovering herion addict who has been on methadone for almost 9 years now. I go to a methadone clinic and am on 140mg a day. How long will it take me to get off methadone coldturkey? What I mean is, how long will my withdrawls last and and will be able to make it?

I feel your pain. I have decided to quit as well(again), this week. I have not been on a dose as high as you but the time is about the same. I kicked in 07 for a few months and I felt better after about 30days but I was not able to regain my endurance in the time I was off of M. I'm resolved to kick this time. I hate that I've put myself in this position again. Just look forward and know that each day you stay clean you are one day closer to normal. The first 2weeks are sure to be awful though. I'm on day 3 as of right now. Benadryl, Advil and Pepto are my aids, as well as vitamins. Good luck!