I am 18 years old and have been with the same boyfriend for a year and a half. We had unprotected sex and then the next morning i took 'Plan B' then the following day we had sex and the condom broke. I'm bot on birth control and i'm apparently not very lucky. So now i'm pregnant. I am graduated from highschool and go to beauty school which I will graduate in 6 months and
i already have a job lined up. Both my boyfriend and my Moms would be happy to help us take care of the child if we decide to keep it. I personally feel like i'm too young to have a child and I know that my boyfriend and I will both be struggling for a long time if I do have this baby. We both have decided abortion is the best option, we feel like we're both too young for this responsibility and would not be able to give the child the life it deserves. I feel really uncomfortable with the idea that I would be killing an innocent life that hasn't even gotten a chance yet. I don't want the little baby to feel a thing or be in any pain. I feel so guilty that people try to have kids all the time and sometimes are unable and I am giving such a precious gift away. If anybody has been through this before or knows anyone that has or simply is educated about the subject please post with any stories, advice or anything helpful. Thanks so much.

i had a child at 17 nearly 18 hun it was hard but i aam so glad i kept her i was going to have an abortion so glad i never she means the world to me but its entirely your decision im now trying for my second but have had weird symptoms but negative tests what symptoms did you have xxxx

i just knew it was a possibility so when i missed my period i took a test which came out positive, i havent had many symptoms yet just been really tired and getting headaches occasionally. i respect you a lot for keeping your child, i would love to and its still an option but i really do think abortion is the best choice for me, my boyfriend, and my baby. i researched it a lot and ive read the baby just starts to develop nerves and stuff at 7 weeks but it cannot feel any pain until 20 and i would have the procedure well before then so that made me feel a lot better.

You still have a little time to decide what you want to do. Either way it's a painful decision. The joy of having a baby but trying to raise it before you are really ready vs destroying a living piece of you. In the years to come, how would you feel if you can't have another child? There are a lot of things you need to think about.
But once you do decide what you want to do, remember that it's your body, but the choice you make will involve everyone around you.
Good Luck.

I do understand how you would feel overwhelmed you grow up thinking things will be just perfect. I know this isnt exactly what u wanted and I understand that me on the other hand I can not have kids I would love the opportunity to have a child of my own
The choice in the end is yours it is something u will have to live with you are scared but everything will be ok
I would encourage adoption just because I know what it is like to not have that option. It sounds like u have a great support system to help you and it sounds like they will back u no matter what u decide it is a tuff decision I couldn't imagin making but just remember this child is a part of u make the decision you want all other people aside what do u want u might not be personally ready and that's fine but I would definatly consider adoption. Good luck I know how tiff this must be for you

You do what you think is best for you and the baby. I had my first (and only!) abortion last week and I'm 21. It was a very hard decision emotionally knowing that it could possibly destroy my options as I graduate college and it may seem like a selfish decision but knowing that you can always have a baby later when your financially and emotionally stable makes you realize that you're not saying no to having kids ever, just now. You're also going to mature SO much in the next few years. So i guess to sum up my opinion, if you think you can emotionally accept your decision and think back at it and agree that it was the best choice, then have the abortion. And don't be scared about the procedure (I was). Its definitely more of an emotional pain than a physical one.

I just recently had an abortion ... I am 20 years old and I have the same views as you. I feel that pregnancy is precious ...& it did pain me to think of the life that I was letting go. So, I do see both sides of the story ...& I completely respect both sides. Being adopted though ... I think I will always lean more towards adoption, but in my particular situation, I didn't have very many options. My boyfriend told his mother and she didn't talk to him for a week before saying: "Do what you need to do." & they are very close. I knew telling my parents would end much worse, they are very protective, traditional and judgmental. Money was tight & I am currently a college student full time, in a sorority so I have a very busy lifestyle & trying to get through pregnancy would be hard without my parents behind me ...or money to support me.

I think with your mothers support you could pull through with adoption & give your baby a life with someone else who is looking for a baby. But if you are very seriously considering abortion ... I will also give you a little feedback on my experience with it. I don't regret it at all ... but when I went I got a good amount of time to talk with a counselor who was very honest with me about the procedure, answered all my questions & did not try to sugar coat or sell it to me. I also had my mind set 100% that this was the right thing to do. The procedure itself ... isn't something I would never do again. But I was Not traumatized through it either. I definitely think it's more of an emotional experience/pain.

I understand if you want to disregard this as I am only 15, but my friend was pregnant last year. She had an abortion and is now a sophomore in high school. After she had it she got very depressed and started doing a lot of drugs and drinking and then tried to kill herself a couple months ago. I was talking to her about it after she got out of the hospital and she felt that she didnt deserve to live because of what she did to her baby. and everyone else I have heard that has had one, they all said they had regretted it. I know it would be hard, but do you think it would be worth it to try to keep it? Or do you think you would regret it for the rest of your life? Just some food for thought..I'm not trying to change your mind I completely understand where both sides are coming from, I just know how much having the abortion tore up my friend, I wouldn't want to see anyone else go through that. Good luck.

Can i just ask how everything worked out, did you go ahead with the abortion? im currently in a similar position though i am 21 and i know my dad would be thrilled at the idea and help me as much as he could but me and the father just feel we are too young for kids right now x

I went through the exact same thing when I was 19 now I'm 20 and there hasn't been a day where my fiance and I haven't regretted it. We both have always been Pro Choice however I wish more than anything to have my baby back. I wish we had thought it through more or worked harder to keep our baby.

This really helps me a lot through my decision. I'm 18 years old, in college. I'm not ready at all to have a baby. Everything you have said just in these couple of paragraphs helped me. It just confirmed my answer thank you so very much!

Dear, if you want to help yourself, please go see your local crisis pregnancy center. They are welcoming and comfortable places that help you work out her options and find one that works for her before you do something hasty. Or better yet, google option line. They have a phone number on their website that will connect you to someone who will help you understand your options and find one that works for you. Also, if you google Help in your Area, you'll find a list for crisis pregnancy centers in your area. Honestly, you won't regret it. You should probably also tell your parents too, unless of course they're abusive. I know it sounds scary, but sometimes parents can be very helpful in cases like these. Also, I'm pretty sure adoption could work for you because then your child will be cared for by a loving family. You won't regret that decision at all and your child will grow up fine. Believe me, I know two little girls who were adopted. You may not agree with what I am saying, but I'm just trying to help you before you do something you may regret. I hope this makes things better.