I'm a girl, and a competitive gymnast, so I have to shave my pubic area or it doesn't look so nice in the skimpy leotards. For a while, I had no problems aside from some ingrown hairs every now and then, but from about 2 months ago, there's been a red rash there. It's not itchy, and I've had no ingrown hair. It's not possible that it could be an STD (unless you can catch them from toilet seats...). It's basically little red polkadots only on the front part (if that makes sense?). Physically, it doesn't bother me, but I'm a worrier and a hypochrondriac so I'd like to know what's wrong... I've tried not to shave as often and tried different ways of shaving, but when I have competitions I have no choice. 

Sorry if TMI and thanks for your help! 

Health Guru
Hi, when you say its on the front part do you mean the the mons pubis area?

Yes, that's what I mean.

Health Guru
And I am guessing that area sweats quite a bit when you training to?

I don't think about it much, but I would assume so.

Health Guru
It could be irritation from the sweat and the rubbing of your leotard against the stubble.

That doesn't seem likely as it's only a recent problem.... it's been a bit itchy lately and now I'm starting to panic...

Health Guru
Have you started using anything different like washing power or anything?

Actually, yes, and I thought of that, but it's not a constant problem and only pops up every once in a while (for example, it was fine for a while, and just today it's gotten red and itchy again).