hi i'm 18 and i have a huge problem, i get these painful lumps by my pubic area after shaving like a month after. well, i'm hoping that it's from shaving. i also shave under my armpits but i don't get any lumps under there. i spoke to my mother about it an she told me that maybe it's because i don't lather enough or i don't shave in the opposite direction in which the hair grows. but this has happened to me twice, the first time i had cellulitis from a mosquito bite and imy doctor said that it was a swollen lymph and those things happens with cellulitis and i was cured from it. but now i shaved a month a go and i now got a lump. i am also sexually active and i always use a condom that it can be an STD. plzzzzz help me is this normal?

wow u shud c ur doctor

Ingrown pubic hairs are common, especially after shaving, and form small (about the size of a pea) painful, red lumps. Just dab it with a skin-safe antiseptic regularly and it should sort itself out.

If it last longer than a week or so with no improvement go to the doctor.