Hi, I would like to lose some weight fast. A friend of mine has suggested I try some kind of raw food diet. She says that she knows a person who really lost many pounds this way. I am not that familiar with raw food meals. Do you have some examples of raw food diet?

Hi, I am not a great fan of any diet that makes you eat only certain foods. I just don't think it is healthy to eat, for instance, only protein or only raw food to lose weight. It is true that this kind of diet may help you to lose few pounds, on the long run it will endanger your health if you apply it for too long. And once you go back to your old habits, the pounds will come back faster than you can imagine. You may use raw food diet as a kind of cleansing. If you eat only raw fruits and vegetables, you will definitely clean your organism. There is one more thing that convinces me that raw food diet is not such great way to lose fat as your friend says. A diet that can help all people lose weight simply doesn't exist. Every person is unique and acquires individual approach for weight loss. I am not saying that raw food is bad. Fruits and vegetables should be a great part of every person's diet, but not the only part. Therefore, if you are really determined to lose weight, you should talk to a nutritionist who will design a diet especially for you. And who knows, maybe it will have plenty of raw food in it.

That sounds really unhealthy.
You should think about the risk of food poisoning.
If you want to loose weight then you should consider something healthy.