Hello everyone. Raw food was always something that is a little bit controversial and we can always talk about it, right? Well, someone will tell you that you can feed your cat with raw foods, someone are against it. But, yesterday, I was talking with my friend. She is a cat owner for 13 years, and her husband is a vet. She told me that he told her that all nutritionists and vets recommend a raw food diet for cats.

What do you think about this, what are your experiences? I am really interested, because I don’t know what to think anymore. I am for raw food, but sometimes I just want to give up, because I am reading every day that this food plan is not that healthy….

Hello. I know that feeling. I had the same situation when I started to feed my dog with raw food. A lot of my friends told me to give up, but I didn’t. And, I am not sorry about it at all. I am not really made up my mind about this, and I can’t tell you. I know that a lot of nutritionists will tell you that feeding your cat with raw food is excellent choice, and that this way of eating is only one that is healthy. But, some vets will tell you to avoid raw food, because your pet can have some bacterial infections from this food. My opinion is that you should feed your cat with raw food, if she is old enough, of course, and only with fresh and good ingredients. There is no risk, in that case. 

Hello everyone. Well, most of them yes. They say that raw food has multiple beneficial effects on cat’s body. For example, they say that raw food is very good for kittens.

Apparently, raw foods are full of proteins and kittens need proteins for muscle and organ grow.

Also, raw food is good both for the immune and the digestive system. For the immune system because that kind of food is full of useful nutrients and doesn’t contain any preservatives and for the digestive system because cats are used to raw food.

At the other hand, not all vets and nutritionists recommend raw food. Some of them say that raw food isn’t good at all because of the bacteria etc.  

The raw food diet is the best choice for your cat; raw meat especially, as cats are getting enough proteins and amino acids from it (i.e. taurine which is found in raw meat only). Cats need a lot of meat in their feeding plan as they don’t get too much nutrients from plants.

Of course, there are many dangers lurking if you feed your cat meat which isn’t fresh. That’s why you must fulfill only one key condition – buy fresh food and food from trustworthy source(s). If you can do this, your kitty will have the best meals in her life.

It is partially true because some of them do, but then again, some of them don’t.    

My sister in law is not a nutritionist but she knows a lot about cats’ nutritional needs. And she also has a friend who is a nutritionist. Both of them support raw food diets and they both feed their pets according to them.   

On the other side, I’ve met a couple of vets who don’t support raw food diets at all. 

They say that many health problems in both cats and dogs are caused by people who don’t know how to apply raw food diet properly.  

Hey there. I have a cat for a long time, so I can tell you everything according to my experience :) I am feeding my cat with raw food diet, just because vets and nutritionists told me that this is the best way of feeding my cat, and that this way of eating has a lot of benefits. But, I don’t think that all of them will recommend this for you, because I know some of nutritionist that are totally against raw food.

I am not against it, I am totally for it. I would definitely recommend you to follow it.Good luck! 

Hello everyone. I am not so for raw diet program, because my cat didn’t like this program at all. At the beginning I was giving her everything that she wanted to eat, because she was refusing to eat raw food. That was the biggest mistake in my life. She got really fat, and she was so lazy. Actually, this was not MY cat, it was a cat from the yard and everyone from my building were taking care of her. One day, she was really passive, and I took her to the vet. Then, he recommended me raw diet program, and I started to force it. I just can’t say how much this cat was feeling better…So, I think that a lot of them will recommend you this diet program.

I think this is 100 % true. You see, we can’t say this is not true just because some of your friends don’t think so. Also, If 1% of the vets is against raw food diet when it comes to cats we can’t say that “some” vets don’t think this kind of diet is good for our cats.

Speaking from my own experience, this type of food is great. I have 4 cats and I have been feeding them this way ever since they were kittens. All of them are healthy and full of energy. Also, their hair is so shiny and soft.