My daughter just turned 4 year, is finally potty-trained except she still wears pull-ups during the night. I suspect that she is wetting right when she first wakes up or is about to wake up. My evidence for this is that one night she mysteriously removed her diaper and when I came in to her room to change her brother, she was still dry. As soon as she started to wake up, she wet the bed, so I wonder if that is normal. I would like to hear what you could tell me about 4 year old wetting, could it still be considered as normal, or I should talk to her doctor.

I can tell you for sure that your daughter is almost certainly not ready to sleep all night without a diaper. Putting pressure on her will make everyone miserable, so do not try with it. Some people do not manage to bed train themselves until they are quite old even as old as onset of puberty. My mother was one of those, as was my older brother, and so was I with the same problem. Now my older daughter is showing signs of not being ready until later, so I can completely understand her. I have to claim this is not nearly as uncommon as we are led to believe. Remember that you do not train her then she trains herself, and nothing anyone can do will force her to do what her body is not ready. Four is not that old, so trust in her body's ability to decide for itself. Believe me that nobody likes waking up wet, so just give her time. The best determining factor for ascertaining whether a child is ready to go diaper-less at night is if she is dry every morning for a week.