Hello, folks. I have been going out with my boyfriend for few months. At first everything was all right, but lately he has changed. He started with some behavior showing pathological jealousy although I am not giving him any reason for that. I would like to know something about reasons for occurrence of this behavior.

Hi, there. Pathological jealousy is a mental disorder and should be treated as one. It is commonly related to alcoholics. Chronic alcohol consuming leads to impotence. Alcoholics blame their partners for this. Their logical choice is to believe how their partners are unfaithful. This can cause a lot of problem for a partner. Alcoholism is not the only reason for pathological jealousy. People with paranoid psychosis can also show it. They suspect in everyone. In any case, if you care about this guy, you should make him go to a psychiatrist. This can be very resistant to the treatment, so you must be patient.