Hello, folks. My father in law was in a car accident. I think he got vertebral compression fracture. I was wondering whether he will need a surgery or not. What do you think? I would really use some help here. Thanks to all who reply to my post. It means a lot to me.

Hi, there. The first step is outing the back brace. Surgery is needed when it is necessary to prevent spinal cord to be pressed by spine. Medications are also an option. Usually those are non-steroidal anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen or naproxen. Narcotics are also an option, something like hydrocodone. Muscle relaxants can be used – cyclobzenaprine, carisoprodol and diazepam. You should talk to the doctor and see your father in law’s options. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hi, I was in a car accident, hit head on by drunk driver who was uninsured. My neck was broken, and compressed, which was the worst of the multiple injuries.. I was not able to use my right side much, C-3,4,5, and 6 was repaired with an A and O plate. The physician was fantastic. After I awakened from surgery, my continuous headache was gone. The Reflex muscular dystrophy disappeared. I made a complete recovery after 18 months, and returned to work etc.. Do research. Know who your doctor is, and what their history, and success rate is. Your success depends on how good the surgeon is. Best recovery wishes to your father-in-law.