My Daughter is 13 years old and her butt was bleeding when she whiped it she got more blood what should I do send her to the hospital? Call her docter? I hope she does not have cancer or anything because she is so young.

It is certain that she needs to be looked at. Hemorrhoids and cancers are a rare cause of rectal bleeding in children but they too need to be examined to rule out these options and determine the etiology.

The most common causes in children are anal fissures that are often visible. They are likely to occur if a child is constipated. The bleeding could be from a juvenile polyp. Other causes include inflammatory bowel disease, a rectal ulcer, or more serious disorders like Henoch-Schönlein purpura or Meckel's diverticulum.

Additional symptoms and specific tests should determine the cause of bleeding. It could also be a sign of abuse.

when i go to the bath room it's hard to go popp than when i finish i got blood coming from my blood i don't know if i have cancer or sometime. im afraid to tell my mom because i don't want her to freak out!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!! :'( %-) :-( :|