Im unsure what is going on with me ,not sure if I have hemorrhoids. One experence was when I woke up out of a sound sleep with strong pain going from my rectum to right below my belly button, another time was when I was just sitting watching tv and the same pain happened. The pain is always the same ..it never changes . The only thing that releaves it is a HOT bath. I have tried the over the counter treatments and nothing works other then the hot bath. anyone have any ideas of what this sounds like? please help !!! the pain is soooooo bad when it comes.

Well, painless bleeding is one of the most common hemorrhoids symptoms, have you noticed any bleeding besides pain? Another reason for rectal pain could be anal fissure, a small tear in the skin at the opening of the rectum. But, rectal pain and abdominal cramping are also symptoms of gastrointestinal endometriosis. You should talk to your doctor about this. Take care.