My 14 year-old has brought it to my attention, the amount of blood with her stool in toilet. It is bright red in color, she says she experiences no pain with this. When She was a year old she had surgery for hernia in navel. Can you help me? She just seems too young for colon cancer, but I am very concerned.

Your daughter is probably experiencing her first period. It may not be her first but talk to her about it, and if it is not her period, taking her to see a doctor.

She may have hemorrhoids. Is she very atheletic?

has she been constipated and been straining alot because this might mean the area around the anus might be cut due to her straining

HI
Colon cancer does not discriminate. There may be a typical age range, but not an age rule. I started with that comment so that you would be compelled to get her to a doctor. Bright red blood means active bleeding is occurring. If it's only in her stool, I don't imagine it's related to her period. It could also be as simple as busted capillaries (small blood vessels) in that area. I believe that hemorrhoids would be painful...very painful...Get her to a doctor right away. Speculating here is not good. She needs to see a doctor. You didn't indicate how much blood is there. That would be a clue as well....Again, don't guess and never say. "too young." Many diseases are curable, but only if they are caught early....