Hello. I'm 37 year old worried mother and I need to find out some quick information about relationship between ringworm and swollen lymph nodes. You see, yesterday my little son came back home from playing outside with his friend and some street dog. He came back, washed his hands and everything was fine.
But this morning he woke up with head covered with these small white patches and his neck lymph nodes were swollen.
I've read somewhere that this could be caused by some ringworm? Should I take him to see a doctor over this or should I wait for this to clear up by it self?

I have had the same condition two years back and I can tell you that it was very unpleasant for me.
Ringworm of the scalp is a type of fungal infection that your son probably got from touching that dog you’ve mentioned. Enlarged lymph nodes are definitely predominant sign of this infection. Beside this- the skin on scalp will be slightly scaly but with little or no irritation. The most common treatment is an antifungal medicine taken by mouth.
I suggest you to contact some dermatologist as soon as possible because you should avoid the fungal infection spreading further and to avoid infection of other healthy people.