Hi.. ive been in shambles lately because I think I might have Lupus, but im not sure because I just researched into it tonight. My problem is, I have small patches of red around my ankles.. and they dont fade, and they dont go away, but only get worse. It doesnt get worse where its noticeable, it actually takes a very long time to increase at all, but its getting even more noticeable with every passing year. The look of it, is sorta like its creeping up from my ankles and upwards towards my leg, aside from that, there is one blotch that is unique from the others. Now, to describe it even better, they are not dots, bumps, or spots of red, but rather just alot of it, and it doesnt itch or burn or anything. The blotch at one point tho did develop a over-coating, and I scratched it off making it bleed some... so my guess is for some reason Im bleeding under the skin, but very little. My question is, what could it be? Its not purple or anything, although I do have spider-veins around my lower ankle.. it doesn't hurt. I wear loose fitting clothing, and it has been like this for almost 3 years now, so I know its not an allergy, unless im allergic to oxygen..
Please, if anyone knows anything, it would greatly put my mind at ease.. i cant sleep because of this, and if i have lupus, ..... my life's only pleasantry is weight training.. if I had lupus.. that would end, along with the rest of me.

lastly.. My mother's mother had Lupus.. so it does run in the family..

I also have tendon pains, joint pains, and at times have a loss of energy, a fatigued feeling.

i have the same thing, and have ot been able to get diagnosis either.

many years ago, 20, i would go to Florida. After being in the sun i would get a rash n the same areas, lower legs, between my ankles and knees, more towards my ankles. I haven't had that rash in many years, but he tiny spot thing has been developing just like yours. I thought they might have been related. Another thing i have considered is that i took oral contraceptives and remember that they warned of potential sun sensitivity.Were either of those conditions present for you?

I have almost the exact problem as the other 2 people. More info on mine is that I also am prone to sudden ankle pain in that area. They will be fine most of the time, but then it will feel like I suddenly sprained my ankle even though I can tell the ankle didn't twist or move abnormally. And Sitting for just a few minutes will take away most of the pain, I just have to be careful the rest of the day not to put too much pressure on the ankle to avoid it hurting again. It's like a tendon just pops out of place then as I sit it eases back into place.

The spots on my ankles are right over the tendon that often hurts. They dont seem to get darker suddenly though, I just wll notice eery few months that they hae climbers a bit further up the ankle. On a rare occasion they itch, but nothing seems to trigger the itch, kind of like the itch I get when my skin is dry, don't ooze, don't feel much different than the rest of the skin, maybe a bit raised, but not much. They don't hurt to touch. There is a similar red spot on the top of one foot that is developing too.

The doctor has been mentioning immune system testing for other issues I have, we tested for lupus already, but the tell tale enzyme was not present. I know this is no guarantee that it's not lupus, which is why we are doing other immune system tests. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, hypothroidism, Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome, Asthma, and I am pretty overweight because of the sudden weight gain when the thyroid started shutting down. I have food sensitivities, but they don't seem to affect the spots. The red spots I would say started about 2 years ago when I first noticed them. They don't come and go, they only come.

Not Sure what other information I can give.

I got something similar and doctor suspects it's hsp

What is hsp?