I have had the boyfriend I am with for 3 years now. Everytime I have had intercourse with him it is painful. It seemed to have gotten worse everytime I do it though. I love my boyfriend to death and it scares me everytime I turn him down for sex. I basically only have sex with him once every 3 weeks and it doesn't seem like a healthy relationship and even that once hurts very bad.

From the moment he even enters me it begins to burn and it's like a self defense mechanism in my vagina goes up and will not let him enter any deeper atleast not easily and that even hurts more so. I've explained my situation to my doctor at a FPHS and she diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis and a small yeast infection. I took medication to treat both of those and even after that it was still painful.

Basically another year of painful intercourse and I went in for anothe pap and palvic and told her that intercourse is still very painful to me. She then tested me again and diagnosed me with a pretty bad yeast infection. I took medication again and it's been a few months since then... I am still experiencing pain. I don't know what is wrong with me, I just called and scheduled another appointment with FPHS but I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problems... or what might be wrong with me?

Some sort of defence mechanism still at work.

Have you tried using a muscle relaxant during sex?

I am not saying that you would need this for life, but it would help you to let go psycgologically, assuming that I am interepting this post correctly.

A girl of mine once had pain due to involuntary spasms due to intercourse. I found that since I was intimate with her, it was easy to guide her through a theraputic trance to completely relieve her of any discomfort.

My girlfriend and I had similar problems but found an answer. The first thing to tell you is that you both have to be open to experimentation. Not an easy thing to accept when pain and embarrasment is involved but critical to finding an answer. We went from thinking she had a yeast/bacterial/viral infection to thinking she was allergic to my sperm to thinking I was just too big for her. What we finally decided on was that she was producing vaginal fluid but it was not enough and coming and going during sex. We tried KY jelly and I noticed that she was tightening up just as I was inserting my finger. The FIRST thing we worked on was getting her to relax. This was fun for both of us actually. We became more comfortable with each other and took our time. I knew it was akward for her but by the end we actually enjoyed exploring each other. She was very relaxed and we tried the regular KY Jelly (Gel kind). Immediately it started to burn her. We stopped and she cleaned herself. We tried a second lubricant. KY Silky Smooth (I think). It is expensive and comes in a small grayish bottle. I think it is new on the market. I used it on my finger first and we worked on relaxation. She had no problems. When I penetrated her she had absolutely no problems. We had, what I would consider, normal sex. Maybe 10-15 minutes of varying speed, depth and stroke and she LOVED it. No pain at all. We stopped once to relubricate all the moving parts and off we went. This is a problem that has plauged her for 15 years and caused her to loose many relationships because she was afraid of sex due to the pain and embarrasment. I only pray now that I can keep up with her. :-). Keep trying different things. I don't know if this will work for you but don't give up after trying just one solution. Try different lubricants, different relaxation techniques, take your time, talk to your doctor and rule out infections, and be patient. It can be cured.

Eating yogurt daily will help the bad yeast leave your body n dieting. Try to lay off the bread, sugary foods n snacks trust me you will see a difference!! But if your monogamous n keep getting bacteria infections your partner isn't monogamous. He's giving you the bacteria. Past experience with constant BV trust me.. So i hope this helps

it's very simple. you would never think it. your guy has BV and yeast. Men have the ability to carry both. So you both need to get treated. 

I have the same exact thing.