I just recently had sex, maybe 5 days ago. Afterwards my vagina was very sore and felt bruised. This was not my first time. I felt a burning sensation while using the bathroom. A day or two later I was able to pee without problems and the soreness/"bruising" went away. I do however still have burning and an itch. Let me rewind though, I was diagnosed with an yeast over growth, ive never had a vaginal yeast infection until now. i was medicated but no ones sure if the yeast is gone. i had a yeast infection when I had sex. I used a screening kit today and still do, I used monistat 1 hoping it would help but it's the same, maybe even worse. I had a brown discharge and now it's changed to bleeding with clear discharge. I don't get my period, I'm on birth control and skip my placebo pills starting my next pack right away. So I'm not spotting, I'm terrified of the thought of having an Std. I'm hoping maybe he scratched me inside? Are there ANY other possibilities besides an std? Is this common having a yeast infection, are these symptoms normal? Is that all it is, or do I need to tell my mom, I have 'abnormal bleeding and burning' and see my gynecologist?

The only way for you to get the answers you are looking for is to be tested for STD's... you may need to have your yeast infection treated with an oral prescription medication (a pill you take one time)... as far as the burning and soreness that could be be caused  if he had a penis larger than you were used to...

If the clear red discharge is when you Pee you might have a UTI (urinary tract infection). Really common in women. Last time I had one was after sex. Same partner for over a year. Check with your doctor to be sure. My doctor recommended urinating after intercourse. Helps clear out bacteria that might have gotten up there.

Well I'm 13, and I've had a yest infection 5 times in 2012. And a bacterial over growth. Brown discharge comes from a bacterial overgrowth. And clrear discharge comes from a yeast infection. Yeast infections burn and itch like crazy. I think you went from a bacterial over growth to a yeast infection.(That's what happened to me) I took Vagisil and it burned. You need to go see your docter because he/she will know what to do. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I hope I helped!