Hi, I have a problem that started recently. I was pregnant for two months and than it happened. I suffered a miscarriage. It really shocked me both mentally and physically. I was out of my mind. This occurred a month ago. Beside the obvious trauma, another condition appeared. I am sweating on a regular basis. I don't know if this has something to do with my miscarriage. Could you tell me if one of the miscarriage consequences is sweating on regular basis?

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your loss. A miscarriage is a very stressful event for every woman. This kind of stress might be one of the causes for your regular sweating. Our organism reacts to stressful situation in a familiar pattern. One of the phases of this mechanism is over sweating caused by the change of the blood flow to the skin. Also the cause of your problem could be the hormonal changes. While you were pregnant your body was changing to make a safe environment for your baby. Now after the miscarriage it will take some time for your body to get back to normal. And when your hormones return to their normal levels the sweating might stop. I would advise you to see a professional therapist because you have a hard time dealing with your situation. I know that your gynecologist was probably not very sensitive. A psychiatrist would be able to help you the most.

Abigail-

While your response was very informative, it is unwise to assume that one's OB Dr.  was not very sensitive. I just suffered a miscarriage Thursday at 12 weeks, and I had a D & C yesterday. My OB Dr. was very helpful and was also sensitive to my situation. I had a still birth at 7mo pregnant back in Jan., so she was very sweet to me. If she had not been that way back in Jan., I would have found a new OB!